Saturday, May 5, 2012

Talladega Weekend Off to Hot Start

Local and fan favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s car in pole day tech line at Talladega
Setting up in the media center at Talladega Superspeedway brings immediate relief from what is already a sweltering Alabama spring day early in the morning. NASCAR Sprint Cup qualifying kicks off in a couple of hours and then the Nationwide race will be run later this afternoon. I do not know where AP will have me working as yet, but the garage area is quiet so far with the exception of teams going through tech inspection. My drive south from Indy yesterday got interesting around Louisville with a wicked rainstorm creating all kinds of visibility problems but I didn't have to stop. Driving 20 miles south the skies cleared and the rest of the trip was a breeze. I'm glad I stopped last night instead of making a bonzai run to the track as I feel really good today and am ready to go to work. More on that shortly folks. 

Jeff Gordon's crew pushes the 24 car to the pole day tech line

No comments: