Saturday, February 19, 2011

Daytona 500 Road Trip - Day 2 Recap: Truck Race Pix

Michael Waltrip earned his first Camping World Truck Series win on the 10th anniversary of his Daytona 500 victory and the death of Dale Earnhardt in a wild and woolly 250 mile event. The race itself was uneventful until past the halfway mark when all hell broke loose - everywhere except Turn 4 where I was working! I saw lots of damaged race trucks and close racing - nose to tail, side by side and in packs. And it was a very long day that didn't end until almost midnight. For my first race event at Daytona, I was very happy with the lighting and the help I got from lots of folks around the track. Today is another busy day but after the Nationwide race, I should have some time to relax and do some proper editing of my photos from yesterday and today. Until then, here's a quick slide show from last night's truck race.





No comments: