Sunday, April 17, 2011

Talladega Day 3 Update - Jimmy Johnson Takes Dramatic Win

Jimmy Johnson took his second Talladega win today with a last lap pass to emerge from the pack racing and emerge victorious by .002 seconds. The finished matched the closest finish in NASCAR history. The race also had 88 lead changes which tied a Talladega record. Crew chief Chad Knaus and Jimmy are in the media center right now answer questions from the print press and I am waiting for AP to finish editing so I can get my images back and find out of they used anything from today's event. I'll have much more to add later as even though the race is over, my race day is not as I will be hitting the road back towards Indianapolis this evening and beginning my return road trip. So Talladega Day 3 is not yet over. I had an unreal vantage point from the top of the Allison Grandstands at the beginning of the backstretch and got to use a 500 mm lens today. Great opportunity today and I hope to be back again for future races.

No comments: