Monday, January 7, 2008

Hello 2008! More Tales from the 'Ville to Follow!

Now it's Antiville? Yes folks, there really is a town in Indiana with that name. And since it's been so long since I've written, I thought that might be a good start to sum up my feelings about 2007: good bye and good riddance. Sounds harsh perhaps, but it was a year filled with polar opposites for me. The best part was the racing. The worst was looking for employment and scraping up a living. But it has all worked out for the best and I am truly excited about 2008.

Maybe this year, someone will actually read this thing! I had a lot of great experiences at the racetrack last year, but the one thing that seemed to plague my track luck was rain. At Indy. Then Nashville. Then Michigan. At first I was thinking I was some kind of IRL rain hex, but then Mid Ohio and Chicagoland cancelled that all out.

Then I had to (and I do mean HAD TO) find full time work so that's why I've been away for awhile. Since my last post, Helio has won Dancing with the Stars, and all the open wheel guys seem to be jumping to NASCAR. But is it just me or do none of the newer guys seem to know how to handle a loose race car? Not any of the shoes from sprint cars or midgets, but the F1 or IRL drivers like Dario, Villeneuve and Carpentier, and even my man Hornish. Could be that the ground effects brigade has become so dependent on downforce that when the slippin' and slidin' starts, these guys don't seem to know how to handle it? Not Montoya though - he can drive anything. Maybe Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon need to take these new guys to Eldora and help them learn what that seat of the pants feel is all about.

But what the heck do I know? I'm just a hoosier photog with a passion for shiny fast cars. If you feel the same, then maybe you'll enjoy a collection of my blog pix from 2007. Just click on the Michael McDowell pic which follows and he'll take you to see the rest on my newest picasa album. BTW - congrats to Michael for making it to Sprint Cup for this year. See you at the Brickyard.

And please go subscribe to American Motor Journal and Stock Car Racing Magazine. You'll see more of my stuff there this year.




IndyJay42 Blog Pix 2007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.