Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My 2014 Best Racing Photos

My first Rolex 24 at Daytona was an incredible experience
It's hard to believe that 2014 has come to an end already. This time last year, I was preparing for and anxiously anticipating the chance to shoot my first Rolex 24 Hours race at Daytona. While my schedule for 2015 is still up in the air, I had to take a look back at 2014 and sort through a few thousand images to come up with what I thought were my best from this past season. There are 75 images in this slideshow and they run the gamut of all the race series I covered in 2014. From the Rolex 24 and Daytona 500 weekend for Associated Press, through the month of May at Indianapolis for motorsport.com, then into the summer months and the fall working for ARCA - I had some wonderful opportunities in 2014. While I didn't get to do as many races as I would have liked in 2014, I still logged a lot of road miles and was fortunate to fly to Daytona twice, so all things considered it has been an excellent year.

Since this is probably my last blog post for the year, I think it's important to acknowledge a few people for giving me the chance to contribute and make some pictures. My heartfelt thanks go out to Mike Stewart and John Raoux at Associated Press, Eric Gilbert, Rainier Ehrhardt, Covy Moore and the gang at motorsport.com,  Richard Deaton at Salem Speedway, and George Mergen and his colleagues at ARCA. I'm sure I've missed a few that deserve recognition and I can't forget my photographer friends wherever you are today - from Chicago to Indy to Talladega to Daytona. I miss  working with you and seeing you all at the racetracks. I look forward to doing it again in 2015. Safe travels everyone, Godspeed and Happy New Year!


No comments: