Monday, June 2, 2008

Briscoe Takes Milwaukee - Avoids Air Show

Kudos to Ryan Briscoe for the comeback of the season so far, going from zero to hero in a weeks' time. After being vilified at Indy for taking out Danica with his pit exit wheelspin, he showed everyone up with race savvy I didn't know he had. He also demonstrated he knows where the brake pedal is by narrowly avoiding Vitor Meira's Turn 2 flight over Marco Andretti who, as I predicted, would take an ill advised chance and cause a mess. But he's young and he'll learn. I just hope everyone else gives him space to make his errors without damaging anyone else's race chances. There will be no place for that at Texas this weekend, that's for sure.

I'm again wishing I could be there but I have to move this weekend and my next race event won't be for three weeks when I go to Mid Ohio for the Rolex sports car weekend. In the meantime, I've put together the following group of pix as a sort of segue out of May into the rest of the Indycar season. I'll go to Nashville, Kentucky, Mid Ohio and Chicagoland later this season so please check back for other Indycar pix and views here. Check out the following slideshow to see a sequence of AJ Foyt's fiery Bump Day wreck and my whole May gallery from Indy. There will be more later!



Back to Briscoe: redemption has never been sweeter than this! For a guy who wadded up lots of cars for Ganassi a couple of years ago trying to amke up for an underpowered Toyota powerplant, to winning ALMS races in Penske's Porsche Spyder last season to an Indycar win now is quite the journey. Well done Ryan!

No comments: