Thursday, June 19, 2008

Online Again: Off to Mid Ohio For Rolex Action


After a hectic couple of weeks without internet access while moving into a new home, I am back online again at last and am making final preparations to hit the road for the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course and the Rolex Grand Am Series event this weekend. These pix are from the 2007 event and I anticipate that this year's race should be much more competitive as the big cars ran solo last year and the Gainsco team led by Alex Gurney ran away and hid for most of the event. Saturday's feature should be much more competitive with many teams flexing their new bodywork and getting into mid-season form. I'll be back again next month for the American LeMans and Indycar Series weekend too.


This is a track I started going to back in 1982 and it's one of the most beautiful natural terrain road courses in the United States. Just a few hours from Indy, it's hard not to go when something's going on at Mid Ohio. I love it even more after having the chance to drive the track for two days as a student in the Mid Ohio School of Performance Driving. I highly recommend it to anyone who has the need for speed. You will gain a whole new appreciation for what these guys do week in and week out. It was certainly the fastest I've ever driven and I can't wait to do it again someday. In the meantime, I'll stick to photography for American Motor Journal and enjoy watching the sports car experts finesse this place Saturday and Sunday.


I hope to post from the media center at the track this weekend and am raring to go racing again. It seems like forever since the Indy 500 and I am itching to get back to a race track. But I've still got a life to live and work to do so until I get to Lexington Saturday morning, be safe and I hope you'll come back soon!

No comments: